Have you just built a WooCommerce store and are looking for the best WordPress plugins to extend its functionality?
WooCommerce is the go-to solution for everything eCommerce in WordPress.
Right out of the box, the plugin adds a lot of powerful features to create online store. But if you want to run a store that caters to all your business needs, you’ll need even more advanced features.
Adding WooCommerce extensions to your store is the best way to offer your customers these features. They make it possible to grow your business and offer almost any product or service.
The good news is that there are tons of free and premium WooCommerce plugins you can use to optimize your store.
In this post, we’ve carefully hand-picked 44 of the best WooCommerce extensions you can get anywhere. These plugins cater to the major needs most digital businesses have.
But before then, let’s talk briefly about why you need WooCommerce extensions.
- What Are WooCommerce Plugins and Why Do You Need Them?
- How to Choose the Best WooCommerce Extensions
- Best WooCommerce Extensions by Category
- Honorable Mention
- Supercharge Your WooCommerce Store
WordPress is the most popular solution for building any type of website. Over 43% of all websites worldwide now use it. And its market share continues to increase daily.
There are many good reasons behind the wide adoption of WordPress. But one thing you don’t get with the default WordPress software is eCommerce functionality.
Fortunately, the platform’s modularity makes up for this. As one of the major benefits of WordPress, you can add almost any feature to it using a plugin.
And when it comes to WordPress eCommerce plugins, WooCommerce wins.
Granted, the core WooCommerce program grants you the basic eCommerce features your digital store needs.
You get the ability to add products, manage orders, create shipping zones, and accept certain payment methods. But many stores won’t get by with just these basic features.
For example, you may want to offer membership or subscription plans, integrate third-party postal services, or launch a powerful email marketing campaign.
Each business has its own unique needs.
To cater to these specific needs, WooCommerce and WordPress allow you to add new features on top of the core software.
This not only means that you can achieve almost anything with your store. It also means your store’s backend won’t be bloated with functionality you don’t need.
With WooCommerce extensions, you don’t need to hire a developer to create a custom-made solution. You can access several free plugins or simply pay a yearly fee to get all the features you need along with stellar support.
Just like everything open-source, not all WordPress and WooCommerce plugins are created equal.
You need to consider certain key factors that make a good plugin to ensure you’re using the best option for your needs.
Here are a few questions to ask when going plugin hunting:
- Does the plugin have all the features you need? And do they perform well? The primary use of any plugin is to deliver your customers the features they need. So, it makes sense to first confirm that a plugin actually offers the features promised and that the features work well. The more features a plugin has, the better. It means you won’t have to overload your site with multiple plugins.
- Is it secure? An insecure plugin can put your entire business at risk. How do you tell whether a plugin is secure? For starters, you can check how frequently it is updated or look closely at the ratings, reviews, and number of active installations. Also, if a plugin developer is popular and has been around for quite a while, then it’s often a good sign.
- Is the support and documentation any good? Even as an experienced WordPress user, there are moments you’ll need some help with your plugins. This is when the developer’s support makes a world of difference. If you’re paying for a premium WooCommerce extension, it’s very important to ensure that the support is good. Both free and paid plugins also come with documentation. Sometimes, if the documentation is good enough, you may not even need to contact support.
- Is it value for your money? Make sure you’re only paying for a plugin when you need to. Also, do the features you get justify the price tag?
Having considered each of these factors, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the best WooCommerce extensions in the market.
Let’s take a look at them.
Best WooCommerce Extensions by Category
In our WooCommerce extensions list, we’ve divided all 44 products into 7 major categories. These categories cover the most popular use cases for WooCommerce extensions.
Breaking the list down this way makes it easy for you to find the plugins with the specific features you need.
Let’s get to it!
The general purpose of any website is conversion. All WooCommerce extensions are targeted at helping you sell more and convert store visitors to buyers and consumers.
From lead generation to sales reports and product reviews, these are the best WooCommerce extensions for boosting your store’s sales and conversion.
To kick things off, let’s talk about one of the leading lead generation tools you can add to any WordPress site – Convert Pro. This extension is ideal if you’re looking to convert more and increase subscribers without breaking the bank.
Whether you need to build an email list, offer content giveaway, lock premium content, or even display popups, you’ll be spoiled for features.
The plugin uses behavioral triggers and other advanced targeting features to communicate personalized messages with your customers.
- Powerful drag and drop editor. Good design is always important for high conversion. Convert Pro’s easy-to-use comes with tons of professional-looking templates that are frequently updated with cloud technology. This means creating a new opt-in form or pop-up will only take you a few minutes.
- Advanced triggers. Display well-targeted messages. You can set triggers based on time, exit intent, user inactivity, or scroll action.
- Filter-based personalization. Use advanced filters to show personalized content to store visitors. You can show messages based on the customer’s device, the site they’re coming from, or whether they’re a new or old visitor.
- A/B testing and analytics. Not sure what design or audience to work with? You can do advanced multi-variant testing and track the results in real-time.
- Responsive mobile-friendly designs. Convert Pro campaigns look great on different devices and screen sizes. You can also test your design for mobile devices within the editor.
The plugin also integrates with other third-party services like MailChimp and Hubspot. You get all these features for $89/year for unlimited websites. That’s quite a steal!
CartFlows is an effective sales funnel builder and a powerful extension to WooCommerce. It’s an intuitive plugin that helps optimize your store by giving you the tools to add one click upsells, order bumps, dynamic offers and a whole lot more.
CartFlows also includes some innovative tools to help reduce cart abandonment. Reduce lost sales by optimizing checkout, identify and recover abandoned carts and streamline the customer journey to maximize the chances of a sale.
- Intuitive sales funnel builder – Sales funnels are the core of CartFlows. The WooCommerce extension includes everything you need to create and optimize flows (funnels) to help reduce cart abandonment and improve spend.
- Prebuilt templates for everything – CartFlows includes professionally-designed templates that have been designed to sell. They include a simple one-click import process and drag and drop editor compatibility for ease of use.
- Simple tools to add upsells and order bumps – Upsells and order bumps are incredibly useful for extracting more income from existing customers. CartFlows has smart tools to add them to your existing customer journey with very little effort.
- CartFlows Dynamic Offers – CartFlows Dynamic Offers adds intelligence to your store by enabling you to use what you know about the customer to provide relevant offers. Use data collected from cart contents, total order value, location and other data points to help target offers.
CartFlows has been designed from the ground up to be simple to use and ideal for new store owners. Every part of the plugin has an easy to follow guide and the resources you need to make more from your WooCommerce store.
CartFlows is designed by us here at Brainstorm Force. It costs from $299 per year or $999 for a lifetime license.
Another powerful lead generation plugin for WooCommerce is OptinMonster. With this product, you get very similar offerings to Convert Pro’s. The major idea here is also to turn your site visitors into regular customers.
OptinMonster’s feature list is pretty extensive. You can easily create highly effective lead magnets that incorporate different types of content and marketing offers. The wide range of features makes the tool suited to different use cases.
- Lots of campaign types. You’re spoiled for campaign types to choose from. From sidebar forms to lightbox popups, floating bars, and even gamified wheels, you get everything you need to grab your customers’ attention.
- Targeted campaigns with advanced triggers. Deliver precise messages by detecting behavioral patterns like exit intent and scrolling. Also, you can display content based on location, cookie retargeting, and page level.
- Powerful builder with lots of templates. Create responsive designs from scratch in record time. You also get more than 26 animations and sound effects that can help spice up your campaigns.
- Seamless integrations. Looking to get more done with third-party integrations? The tool works well with Mailchimp, Facebook, Salesforce, and others.
After setting up your campaigns, OptinMonster helps you track results with smart analytics.
The plugin has 4 pricing plans starting at $9/month ($108 billed annually). But this is only for 1 website. For the maximum of 5 sites, you’ll have to part with $49/month. Really pricey! But you can always go with the free lite version.
Forms are also a great tool for driving sales in your WooCommerce store. You can use them to collect customer information and to conduct surveys on how to improve your products and services.
WPForms is easily one of the best form builders in the WordPress ecosystem. This explains why over 5 million sites are actively using the extension. For WooCommerce stores, one of the most popular use cases is the payment form for digital orders and bookings.
- Easy-to-use drag and drop builder. Create a detailed form with a stunning design in under 5 minutes. Add form fields and rearrange them visually to create a responsive, mobile-friendly form.
- PayPal, Square, and Authorize.net addons. Third-party integrations make it easy to receive payments or donations while collecting user information.
- Loads of templates with multi-page options. Save time with 300+ pre-built form templates for contact forms, survey forms, or even newsletters. If a form is too long, you can even split it into different pages.
- Logic-based form fields. Choose which form fields to show customers depending on the options they select. For example, you can choose to hide survey questions if the user selects a particular option.
Once customers fill your forms, WPForms will instantly notify you. This allows you to respond to leads in record time for maximum profit.
WPForms is developed by the same guys behind OptinMonster – Awesome Motive. The pricing starts from $39.50/year for single-site usage up to $299.50/year for unlimited sites. But there’s a completely free version with decent features too.
Another way to maximize profit in your WooCommerce store is to create a wholesale area to serve B2B customers. Wholesale Suite allows you to add wholesale to your WooCommerce store and boost average order value.
The suite has more than 100 features that make it a complete solution for anything WooCommerce wholesale. It includes three different products – Wholesale Prices, Order Form, and Lead Capture. They all combine to help you efficiently sell products in bulk.
- Wholesale discounts with custom shipping and payment requirements. Manage wholesale pricing with global, category, or product level discounts. Also, display excluding shipping and payment methods to wholesale customers.
- Hide products or product variations from retail customers. Mark certain products as “Wholesale only” and display them to only customers with a wholesale user role. Also, indicate a minimum order quantity.
- Order form with searchable product table. Receive customer orders through a responsive form with advanced features like category filters and Ajax product search.
- Approve wholesale users manually or automatically. Add a user approval protocol to the registration system. You can also add an automated email sequence for all registered wholesalers.
You can get the whole bundle with 3 plugins at $148.50/year for 1 site or $298.50 for unlimited sites. Each plugin is also sold individually. A good way to get started is to check out the free version of the Wholesale Prices plugin.
Looking for an effective way to build detailed sales reports for your WooCommerce store? Product Sales Report offers all the features you need for efficient planning and smart decision-making.
Learn how product sales are going and use key metrics to develop winning strategies. All within your WordPress dashboard.
- Create report presets, generate and share reports in one click. Configure and save custom report settings including fields like product ID, categories, and gross sales. Then generate and share these reports between sites and with colleagues at any time.
- Product-specific reporting with order status filters. Decide which products or product variations to include in reports based on their transaction status as well.
- Advanced report styling. Add more visual elements such as dynamic titles and branding icons to your reports with custom CSS.
- Exports reports in multiple formats. You’re not limited to CSV format only. Export in XLSX, HTML, and Enhanced HTML too.
Product Sales Report offers 3 annual pricing plans for 1, 3, and unlimited sites for $59, $79, and $99. You can also opt for a lifetime membership at $449. There’s also a free version with all the basic features.
WooCommerce Product Reviews offers a trusted platform for your customers to leave helpful reviews for prospective buyers.
Its Amazon-style product reviews and filtering can help supercharge your store sales and improve the customer experience.
- Review qualifiers. Use specific questions like “How was the fit?” to prompt feedback as part of the review after an order has been completed.
- Display detailed reviews with additional information. Allow customers to add photos and videos in their reviews, ask questions about a product, or make comments. A good discussion space under your product will boost trust. Customers can update their reviews as well.
- Integrate social login. WooCommerce Social Login helps users to easily join the conversation with their Facebook, Twitter, or Disqus account.
- Filter and moderate reviews. Filter reviews by rating, type, and remove attached media in your site’s back end if you choose to. Customers can also filter reviews with the same criteria.
You can get the product for $79/year with a 30-day money-back guarantee and 1 year of support and updates.
Marketing and promotion are some of the most important components of any successful WooCommerce store. As you probably already know, it is not the best product that wins, it’s the best marketed product that wins.
If you want to consistently sell products and keep customers coming back for more, you’ll need to do a lot of convincing. This could involve email marketing, content marketing for organic and boosted traffic, or coupon marketing.
The next set of plugins we’ll be showing you are the best in class for everything WooCommerce marketing.
Beeketing is a powerful all-in-one marketing automation software that powers eCommerce sites. The app uses effective applications of AI to capture a visitor’s activity and automatically market to them based on that activity.
It achieves this marketing automation with over 10 built-in features called apps. These apps like Boost Sales and MailBot take care of different segments of the marketing automation chain.
- Gain insights into customer behavior. Start tracking your store visitors immediately after they enter your site. Collect all the data and link them to the right customer after getting them to subscribe with the coupon box.
- Recommend products and offers based on accurate data. Use Personalized Recommendation to automatically suggest relevant products to customers. This app relies on customer behavior and other factors you can decide by yourself.
- Gain returning customers with well-targeted marketing. Use apps like Countdown Cart, Better Coupon Box, and Happy Email to not only promote buying action but also keep customers coming back.
The 3 major Beeketing apps (Checkout Boost, Boost Sales, and Personalized Recommendation) are priced differently starting from $19/month. Getting all 3 apps will set you back a minimum of $76/month. You get a free 7-day trial to look around.
The other apps are completely free of charge and you can also get the free core Beeketing app from the WordPress plugin repository.
When you think of email marketing in and out of WooCommerce, one of the first products that comes to mind is Mailchimp. With over 17 million customers, the tool is one of the best known WooCommerce marketing automation tools around.
To use the app, you should already have a Mailchimp account. Once you connect your online store to your Mailchimp account, you can start building relationships with customers and driving repeat purchases.
- Track customer activity and segment audiences. Learn customer behavior and segment your audience according to purchase history and frequency.
- Set up marketing automation campaigns. Retarget Facebook and Instagram ads based on what customers left in their carts, the products they viewed, and even the purchases they completed. Show relevant product recommendations too.
- Automatically create landing pages and pop-up forms. Don’t miss out on showing your site visitors your best offers and collecting their info.
- Embed discount codes in your emails and on your site. Automatically add the coupon codes you create in WooCommerce to your emails and other automated campaigns like the Promo Code content block.
Mailchimp also allows you to create an online store with a custom domain but you probably won’t be needing this since you already have a WooCommerce store.
You can get the Mailchimp WooCommerce extension completely free. But Mailchimp services start from $9.99/month up to $299/month. The free plan includes marketing CRM, forms and landing pages for up to 2000 contacts.
If you’re not satisfied with Mailchimp, you may want to compare its offerings with Constant Contact. The plugin offers very similar features but at a much more premium rate. The email marketing company belongs to a bigger group, EIG, which is behind major brands like Bluehost and HostGator too.
Having been in the market for a long time, Constant Contact has one of the most extensive lists of features and third-party integrations.
- Create tons of marketing content. From responsive email templates to landing pages, content blocks, and contacts, Constant Contact allows you to quickly create and edit your marketing content.
- Advanced email sending and tracking. Enjoy high email deliverability and track your emails with highly detailed but easy-to-read reports. Use A/B testing and marketing calendars to save time, increase productivity, and boost sales.
- Promote on social and everywhere else. Take advantage of Facebook, Instagram, and Google ads. Also, monitor and schedule social media posting in advance.
To get the WooCommerce extension, you need to first sign up for Constant Contact. You get a 60-day trial—no credit card required. But after this trial, you can either choose the Email plan ($20/month) or the Email Plus plan ($45/month).
So far, we’ve focused on inorganic marketing tools. Now, let’s switch things up a bit with one of the most powerful marketing services for driving organic traffic to your WooCommerce site, AIOSEO.
As a WooCommerce store owner, you’ll need advanced SEO features to ensure your product pages, categories, and other important components of your site rank well on Google. AIOSEO offers these features and helps you optimize your store, even without being much of an expert.
- Extensive on-page and eCommerce SEO. Get help optimizing the important SEO elements of all your pages and product categories: titles, descriptions, and keywords.
- Social media integration and webmaster tools. Optimize your site’s preview for all the popular social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. Connect with Google Search Console, Bing, Baidu Yandex, and Pinterest webmaster tools.
- Support for smart XML sitemaps, Knowledge Graph, and Schema rich snippets. Use schema markup’s rich snippets to get more traffic and clicks. You can also automatically create a WordPress XML sitemap to notify search engines whenever your SEO setup is updated. This includes video sitemaps too.
- SEO custom user roles and audit checklist. Control which members of your organization have access to certain SEO features. You can then use the audit checklist to analyze and detect major errors in your site’s overall SEO architecture.
AIOSEO’s pricing starts from $49.50/year for 1 site up to $299.50/year for 100 sites. The free version in the WordPress repository can also come in handy with its decent features. But its greatest limitation is that you only get 1 focus keyphrase.
Are you looking for a reliable way to get more out of your WooCommerce coupons? Then, you should take a close look at the number 1 coupon plugin for WooCommerce – Advanced Coupons.
The product uses a beginner-friendly interface to deliver very smart coupon features to your WooCommerce store. This way, you get to run more effective promotions and get better results in sales and conversion.
- BOGO deals that also automatically add products to the customer’s cart. Buy One Get One deals can help you drive your average order value up. You can use different cart rules to automatically add a product to your customer’s cart either for free or at a discount.
- Run a loyalty program. Reward your most loyal customers with a point system they can use to redeem coupons in the future. This can also incentivize more purchases from newer buyers. You’ll need the standalone Loyalty Program plugin for this.
- Schedule or auto-apply coupons. Set your coupons to apply automatically when cart conditions are met or schedule your coupons to apply only at a particular time. Your customers will no longer need to go coupon code hunting. You can also add URL coupons to email campaigns and other platforms outside your site.
- Shipping discounts. Many store visitors don’t complete their purchases because of shipping fees. Use free or discounted shipping to offer them enticing shipping deals.
The Advanced Coupons Premium and Loyalty Program plugins are sold differently starting from $59/year and $79/year for 1 site. But you can get the all-in-one bundle which starts from $119/year for 1 site.
The free Advanced Coupons plugin also has a lot of powerful features you can take advantage of.
Still interested in more WooCommerce email marketing tools? You should probably check out Follow-Ups by WooCommerce. As the name suggests, the plugin offers one of the most efficient ways to keep your customers engaged with your brand without putting in loads of effort.
Locking a one-off sale is not enough when you’re running an online business. Communicating properly with your customers after purchase can turn random buyers into your store’s biggest spenders and most loyal customers.
- Create new emails with templates and schedule them. Use the WordPress editor to generate new emails in seconds and automatically send them on certain dates or events.
- Segment your follow-up emails into campaigns. Group emails and tweets into campaigns for easy editing and management.
- Send tweets and follow up on customers’ tweets. You’re not limited to emails only. You can send personalized reminders or follow-up messages to your customers via Twitter.
- Full-fledged analytics reporting. Get detailed reporting about how your emails are performing in your WordPress dashboard. Track important metrics like open rate, bounce rate, and click rate.
Follow-Ups has a simple pricing plan which includes 1 year of support, updates, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You get all these for $99/year.
As a business owner, it’s also important to give your visitors a visually appealing experience. This not only lets them enjoy shopping with you but also portrays your brand in the right light.
Your store’s design is not all about the user interface alone. You also need to ensure that you don’t trade user experience for aesthetics.
For starters, getting a great WooCommerce theme like Astra can help you get off to a good start, even without any design experience.
But there may be other design elements your store needs that you won’t get with your theme by default. The plugins in this category can help you fix this.
If you’ve been using WordPress already, you probably are familiar with Elementor. Though it’s arguably the most powerful page builder for WordPress, you can still simplify your page design workflow further with even more ready-made templates, widgets, and blocks.
Ultimate Addons offers one of the most extensive libraries of design resources to enhance your WooCommerce store design. The tool helps you get the most out of Elementor.
- Complete pre-built websites. Save time building your WooCommerce store by importing a professionally-built full website from a library of over 100 options. Then you can fully customize almost every design element in a few hours.
- Display your products in unique attractive ways. Use interesting product layouts like carousels and grids in different skins to arrange how your products are displayed. You can also add a product popup that shows more information about the product when clicked without leaving the page.
- Copy your Elementor designs across multiple projects. This can be a game-changer for web designers. Simply copy and paste, and reuse your designs from one website or domain to another.
For WooCommerce store owners who aren’t familiar with Elementor, you may need an alternative. The ideal solution may be Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg.
This plugin adds ready-made templates and widgets to the default WordPress block editor called Gutenberg. This means you don’t need to install an additional page builder, which is useful.
- One of the biggest libraries of WordPress blocks. Enjoy an ever-growing list of powerful, modular, and stunning WordPress blocks like a price list, testimonial, and info box.
- Free ready-made demo sites. You also get attractive starter templates. Import prebuilt designs and deliver a professional-looking store in a few clicks.
- Add exclusive functionality and improve the customer experience. Use blocks like WP Search, Inline Notice, and Review Schema to improve the shopping experience without adding any additional plugins.
The plugin is completely free and you can either download it from the vendor’s site or the WordPress plugin repository.
A freemium WooCommerce plugin that has created a buzz among the WordPress users of late is ShopEngine. ShopEngine has recently been recognized as the 2nd best WordPress plugin in the Monster Awards competition.
ShopEngine deserves this award thanks to its stunning widgets, modules, templates, and features. The plugin comes with 13+ modules, 65+ widgets, and countless other features that will mesmerize you.
ShopEngine comes with all the necessary WooCommerce pages you’re likely to need including shop, product, archive, cart, checkout, and account pages.
You also have the liberty to customize these pages using numerous design options, including widgets. Those widgets include product price, product description, archive description, cart total, checkout form-billing, account dashboard and many more.
- Compatibility with themes: ShopEngine operates flawlessly with popular WordPress themes like Astra, Hello Elementor, Divi, Ultra, and others.
- Multi-language support: For an eCommerce plugin, having support for multiple languages is key and ShopEngine provides that.
- Related products display: ShopEngine showcases related products based on a buyer’s preferred or selected product.
- Limitless customization: The plugin comes with limitless customization options letting you modify content and stylize different elements as you need.
- Committed support team: ShopEngine’s support team is active 24/7 to respond to queries and resolve issues.
One of the challenges of customizing your store design is having to create a child theme. Now with StoreCustomizer, you can easily edit your store, product pages, and cart without even the need to add custom PHP code snippets.
Formerly called WooCustomizer, the plugin is specially designed to make customizing your store as easy as possible.
- Fully edit your shop page. Take full control over how you want your product pages and lists to look. Set the number of products per page and number of columns per row. Remove or edit different elements like Add to Cart buttons, WooCommerce breadcrumbs, and related product sections.
- Customize cart, checkout, and user account pages. Completely optimize the customer’s checkout experience. Clean up the account tabs, remove Order Notes, and add custom text to the empty cart page.
- Stage a catalog mode or display custom thank you pages. Remove the purchase functionality storewide or for certain products and categories if you need to. Also, motivate further engagement with custom-designed thank you pages per product or payment method.
You get lots of handy features with the free plugin. But for premium features like Ajax product search and the catalog mode, StoreCustomizer Pro’s annual plans start from $49/year for 1 site.
Product Slider for WooCommerce is one of the most specialized tools on this list. It focuses simply on delivering the best carousel features for WooCommerce products.
A product slider carousel offers a professional and tidy way to display multiple products or product images in your shop.
- 2 unique layouts and over 30 pre-designed themes. Set up your store with themes that are well-optimized to showcase your unlimited product carousels. You also get over 840 Google fonts for advanced typography.
- Responsive and lightweight. Badly coded carousels can easily add unnecessary elements to your site and slow it down. Here, you get powerful features while keeping everything as light as possible. It’s also supported on all major browsers.
- Filter products to be displayed in a slider. Decide which products you want to show in a slider based on categories, tags, product types, product ID, or even customer activity.
The free version of the plugin comes with only 3 ready-made themes. To get access to the full features, you can either subscribe to a yearly plan starting from $39/year or complete a one-off purchase starting from $139 for 1 site.
If your store contains a lot of variable products, then you should consider using Variation Swatches to showcase them in a beautiful way.
WooCommerce variation swatches not only improve your store’s visual experience but also help you optimize the entire navigation and checkout process.
- Convert all variation dropdowns to button/image swatches automatically. With a single click, You can display all your product images in a more attractive way either using buttons or images.
- Use dual-color swatches for the color attribute. If a single color doesn’t match your product color’s description, you can use swatches with two colors.
- Control the dimension of the variation swatches. Control the size, alignment, and border styling of the product swatches.
The customization features are quite limited but the plugin does a good job extending your default WooCommerce product variation display. You can get it for free in the plugin repository.
The paid plans start from $79/year and go up to $349/year. You also get a lifetime option starting from $149 for 1 site.
Let’s round this design section with a product that works with all the major page builders in the WordPress market. Looking for the largest collection of ready-made website and page templates? Starter Templates may just be the answer!
You get templates that work with nearly all WordPress themes and page builders – including Elementor, Beaver Builder, Brizy, and the default Gutenberg.
- Preview and import site templates in a few clicks. Cut your design time significantly by importing theme-independent templates in seconds. Preview the templates in a different tab to know what you’re getting.
- Enjoy 600+ niche-specific templates. Use templates that are specially fine-tuned to match your industry’s needs. You also get multiple options that match your requirements.
- Get help customizing your store. You can alter almost every element of your ready-made templates after importing them. If you ever get stuck in the process, the provider’s helpful support comes at no cost at all.
You get all these powerful features for absolutely free. The plugin is also available in the WordPress repository.
After designing an elegant WooCommerce store, you also need to add important elements that optimize the shopping or customer experience. These elements can include a wishlist, quick view feature, or advanced search.
Here are the best plugins to help you deliver these features.
A great shopping experience for any online store often involves minimizing the number of clicks before checkout. One easy way to do this is to add the ‘quick view’ feature to your shop using a plugin like YITH WooCommerce Quick View.
This plugin allows the customer to view the product image and other important product information without leaving the present page.
- Fully customize the quick view button. Access the feature either with a typical Quick View button or a customized icon. Choose the colors of the button, the types of product images, and everything in the popup.
- Choose which product information to show. You can include information like product image, price, rating, or excerpt if you choose. Also, add a View Details button to go to the product detail page.
- Navigate between products within the quick view popup. Without leaving the quick view popup, toggle between the preview or next product to browse your shop and check products faster.
- Share product quick views on social media. Showcase the quick view of your products by sharing them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and the likes.
You can get the extension for €59.99/year with 1 year of support, updates, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. The free version of the plugin includes the basic quick view button but without the multiple customization options.
Still talking about the quick view functionality, another equally powerful alternative to check out is WooCommerce Quick View Pro.
The plugin’s focus is identical—add the quick view functionality to your store. But with this product, you get even more customization options for the lightbox popup.
- Trigger quick view lightbox in multiple ways. You can allow customers to trigger the quick view feature either by clicking a dedicated button next to the Add to cart button, hovering over the product image, or clicking the product name (this disables the single product page.)
- Fine-grained control over the lightbox. Activate the lightbox storewide or per product category. You can even add a product’s quick view lightbox anywhere using a shortcode. Otherwise, display a product gallery with multiple images and a zoom feature.
- Support for all product types and third-party integrations. Whether it’s a variable, simple, or affiliate product, WooCommerce Quick View Pro works with all product types. You can also combine its features with those from other powerful plugins like WooCommerce Product Table.
WooCommerce Quick View Pro’s annual plans start from $79/year for 1 site. You can also opt for the lifetime plan that starts from $249/year for 1 site too. The plugin developer, Barn2, also offers a bundled subscription for all 22 of their plugins at $799/year.
Helping shoppers discover products they didn’t even know they needed can also help to boost your store’s customer experience.
You can easily achieve this with YITH Frequently Bought Together. The plugin offers very smart recommendations that help you upsell only the most relevant products.
- Use an optimized upselling strategy based on your needs. Rely on the plugin to automatically identify and promote related products as cross-sells or up-sells. Or simply pick specific products for a custom recommendation system.
- Fully customize the “Frequently bought together” section. Decide the number of products to display, the size of the recommended product image, the text displayed to customers, and the position of the up-selling box. You can display it beneath the Add to cart button, at the page bottom, or under the product tabs.
- Add a discount to the upselling products. Encourage users to buy more by offering a percentage or fixed discount on the recommended products.
- Integration with other YITH extensions. Use the plugin with other extensions like YITH WooCommerce Wishlist.
The premium version of the plugin costs €69.99/year and includes 1 year of updates, support, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
It’s often to see online shoppers leave an eCommerce store only to return to buy something later. Having to search for the product they like each time they visit your shop can impact customer experience negatively. They may even end up not buying the product.
To avoid this, YITH WooCommerce Wishlist allows customers to save the products they want and even share them with loved ones.
- Improve your store by learning what the visitors want. Monitor your customers’ wish lists, discover the most popular products, and use these insights to manage your inventory better.
- Send promotional messages based on customers’ wishlists. Beyond inventory management, knowing your customers’ interests will help you market them better. Push customers to buy in just 3 clicks by offering discounts on products on their wishlist.
- Your customers get full control over their wishlist. They can create multiple wishlists, configure the privacy settings, or move different products from one wishlist to the other.
- Add wishlist widget to your header and sidebars. Help customers locate their wishlist easily. They can also buy the product directly from the wishlist page or ask you for an estimate as a registered user.
Get YITH WooCommerce Wishlist for free. But to be able to view popular products and enjoy other premium features, you’ll need to pay €94.99/year. This subscription includes 1 year of updates, support, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The next plugin on this list is a powerful tool for powering everything search-related in your store is the SearchWP WooCommerce extension.
The product is an add-on for the popular SearchWP plugin for all WordPress sites. With it, you can do away with all the search limitations of the default WooCommerce software.
- Search individual attributes of your WooCommerce variable products. Index all the attributes of your product variations. This way, customers can find products by simply searching for the value of the attribute e.g ‘blue’ (color) or ‘2008’ (year of manufacture).
- Search all product detail fields and even custom fields. Do you want customers to find products with keywords in your product descriptions? Or have you added information using a custom fields plugin? This extension will search everything. You can also exclude certain attributes from search if you choose.
- Gain insights from search statistics. Monitor what your customers are looking for and improve your business with the results.
- Live Ajax search. Further improve your search with the free SearchWP Live Ajax Search plugin.
The SearchWP WooCommerce add-on requires at least a Pro subscription plan to work. This costs $199/year. Once you have a Pro license, you can simply download the add-on and add it to your site.
To round off this section, we’ll be showing you YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter. A product filter is a powerful feature that helps shoppers navigate online stores faster and better.
This plugin helps you efficiently add this feature to your WooCommerce site without stress. This way, your customers find the products they need faster while enjoying a great user experience.
- Display unlimited filter presets on product and category pages. Add different filters like filters by category, tag, price, and rating. You can create unique groups of filters as presets and add them to different pages to customize the search experience on each.
- Add filters to the pages using widgets, Gutenberg block, and shortcodes. Add filters to the sidebars and other areas of your WooCommerce pages. The plugin includes a dedicated widget for page builders like Elementor.
- Style your filters. Decide whether to show filters as radio buttons, checkboxes, select dropdowns, and images. Choose whether to show the Reset Filters button and where to show it.
- Optimize the filter display for mobile devices. Site visitors using smartphones or tablets will see a filter modal view carefully developed for their devices.
The plugin costs €79.99/year and includes 1 year of updates, support, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can also get a decent offering of features with the free plugin.
No online store can function fully without a proper shipping and delivery system.
Though WooCommerce ships with shipping features right out of the box, you’ll need extensions to streamline the entire process for your store’s success.
Let’s see some of the best WooCommerce shipping plugins out there.
Are you looking for a solution for speeding up your entire online business’s shipping process? Then ShipStation is one service you can’t afford to overlook.
The platform allows you to import and manage all your orders from WooCommerce, print labels, and even share tracking information with your customers and to your store’s backend.
- Be in control of the entire order fulfillment process. There are several features for managing your orders till they get to the customer: combine, split, or edit orders, review order and shipment reports.
- Brand everything about your shipping. Add branding elements like your logo to your shipping materials including shipping labels, tracking page, packing slips, and emails.
- Fully manage your inventory. All from the comfort of one web app or your mobile device, you can view stock levels, reserve inventory for orders, and set alerts to know when your inventory reaches a specific threshold.
The ShipStation integration for WooCommerce is a free plugin you can also get on the WordPress plugin repository. ShipStation offers 6 plans that range from $9/month for 50 shipments and 1 user to $159/month for 10,000 shipments and 10 users.
In certain cases, it makes sense to restrict certain shipping methods and options to some customers based on different criteria. The best way to do this is to use conditional rules to automatically apply these restrictions when a store visitor meets the criteria.
Conditional Shipping and Payments helps you offer only the best shipping methods, destinations, and payment gateways for billing country and other cart conditions.
- Limit shipping and payment methods. Use conditional logic to hide or display shipping methods and payment gateways. Rules can be unique to individual customers, customer roles, products, product categories, or the weight of the items in the cart. You can also set different rules for when buyers are buying subscription products or using a coupon code.
- Exempt certain countries and states from shipping. You can restrict certain product categories or shipping classes from shipping to some countries or states. This can help you comply with the customs import regulations in these regions.
To use this tool, you’ll need an annual subscription of $79/year which includes 1 year of support, updates, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Invoices and packing slips are basic shipping materials that give your customers all their order information and help you manage your orders.
With WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips, you can automate the creation of these documents. Use templates to create PDF invoices and packing slips in minutes.
- Automatically create and attach PDF invoices to your order confirmation emails. Use templates to build PDF invoices easily and attach them to the customer emails you want.
- Download and print packing slips. Download, export, and print PDF documents by status or in a date range right within your dashboard.
- Fully customize invoice templates. Style your shipping documents with premium templates. Add or remove information columns and select the order details to be added like SKU, product name, and VAT.
The main plugin is completely free but you can get premium templates starting from €39.00/year for 1 site. There’s also a professional version that includes PDF Credit Notes, Proforma Invoices, and the ability to upload these documents straight to Dropbox.
Shipping rates can easily become a deal-breaker in eCommerce so your customers will surely appreciate more flexible shipping options.
Table Rate Shipping allows you to define and display shipping rates based on factors like shipping zone, weight, and the number of cart items.
- Calculate shipping rates in different ways. Set different rules per order, item, shipping class, weight, and the number of items. You can then show customers different costs per row, item cost, and unit weight.
- Add multiple rates for the same shipping zone. Allow customers to choose from a variety of rates within the same region. This helps them enjoy enough flexibility and feel confident that they’re paying the best shipping rates.
The plugin is developed by Automattic, the original guys behind WooCommerce. It costs $99/year and includes 1 year of updates, support, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Still on shipping rates, another flexible and inexpensive mode of shipping you can offer your customers is flat rate box shipping.
Using this method, you can help your store visitors save on shipping by paying specific costs for packing boxes. Flat Rate Box Shipping can help you implement this effectively in your WooCommerce store.
- Offer different box sizes per shipping zone. Pack multiple items into different boxes based on their size, volume, and weight.
- Cost shipping based on other criteria. You can set basic or extra costs for each box, unit weight, or even add a fixed percentage of the cost of the item.
- Set specific rules for very large items or ideas. For items that do not fit into any of your boxes, you can set specific shipping cost rules for them. This way, your customers don’t need to contact you separately.
You can use Flat Rate Box Shipping at $49/year and enjoy 1 year of support, updates, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Looking to help your customers get their orders delivered at the most convenient time? Then you should allow them to select the perfect delivery date and time while making their orders.
Order Delivery Date for WooCommerce helps you offer your customers a lot of flexibility while considering your own schedule.
- Let customers select delivery date and time during checkout. Buyers can create delivery schedules based on the shipping method or product category. They can choose an As Soon As Possible option and also block out certain days like holidays or based on your schedule.
- Add pick-up location options. Shoppers can also select a physical pickup location if your store has one. You can set a minimum required delivery time to help you sort the order.
- Sync with different shipping carriers. Integrate this feature with the shipping carriers you already partner with. Some popular options available include FedEx, UPS, and USPS.
The free plugin offers a good number of the basic features you may need. On the pro version, you get features like Google Calendar sync, setting shipping and delivery days separately, and maximum deliveries per day based on order or product quantity. It costs $99/year.
There are a lot of reasons online shoppers like popular eCommerce platforms like Amazon. One of these reasons is easy payment, which is why some other platforms lose out.
WooCommerce offers payment methods like direct bank transfer. But you’ll need more options to give shoppers the best experience.
These payment plugins provide most of the popular payment services you can add to your store.
Stripe remains one of the most widely recognized payment services for all eCommerce businesses. The platform is perfect for receiving all sorts of card payments in over 135 currencies.
The Stripe WooCommerce extension allows you to add this offering to your site.
- Support for debit cards, credit cards, and other payment methods. Use popular card providers like Verve, Mastercard, and Visa. Don’t miss out on Apple Pay and Google Pay either. If your customer needs a local payment method, you can easily check the listings available within your Stripe Dashboard.
- Advanced fraud protection and security features. Fraud is a major problem with online transactions. Stripe is actively using machine learning to mitigate this. They learn from millions of transactions on their network worldwide and block high-risk payments.
- Fast checkout and instant payouts. Whether on mobile or desktop, your customers can enjoy faster checkout with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and the Payment Request API. Payment Request API is a browser standard aimed at speeding payments anywhere. You also get immediate access to your funds.
Stripe requires no setup or recurring fees. You only pay a percentage of the value of your transactions. The WooCommerce extension is also completely free.
Of course, as an eCommerce business owner, you already know PayPal.
This extension allows you to bring the PayPal gateway to your store and start accepting payments through one of the world’s most recognized payment services. WooCommerce PayPal Payments optimizes the entire PayPal Checkout setup process for even complete newbies.
- All-in-one checkout for all major payment methods. PayPal can automatically identify your customer’s location and let them with different cards and even country-specific methods.
- Support for recurring payments. PayPal is fully compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions. But even without this extension, you can still offer plans with billing cycles.
- Convert more with the Pay Later feature. As a trusted brand, PayPal already boosts your conversion chances. Allowing customers to pay later at no cost to you.
Just like Stripe, PayPal doesn’t require any payment upfront. You only pay when a transaction is completed. The WooCommerce integration plugin is also free of charge.
Does your store serve different customers in different countries? Then it makes sense to allow them to shop in different currencies.
The WOOCS – Currency Switcher for WooCommerce plugin allows buyers to switch currencies when shopping. Your store will then display prices according to the exchange rates you set.
- Convert automatically with foreign exchange aggregators. You get more than 7 currency aggregators that update FX rates as frequently as every 5 minutes. But if you want, those with admin access can also set rates manually.
- Use custom money signs and price formats. If you run a gaming store with virtual currency, you can add your own currency symbols. Then you can also change the pricing format—place the money sign where you want, use decimal count, or remove the ‘cents’ part of the price.
- Design the currency dropdown. You can create an unlimited number of dropdown designs for the currency switcher and place them in different locations of your site.
Nearly all WOOCS features are available in the free WordPress repository version. But if you want to add more than 2 currencies to your store, you’ll need the premium version on Codecanyon.
WooCommerce Pre-Orders is another great product for managing WooCommerce store payments. This time, you’ll be receiving payments from your customers before the products are available.
You can either choose to charge your customers immediately or only upon product release. The success of this structure depends mostly on the nature of your business and your brand’s trust level.
- Set a product release date or time and change if necessary. Offer flexible release dates and keep your customers posted every step of the way. You can email every customer who pre-ordered every time, cancel pre-orders if the product is no longer available, or charge a fee for pre-order.
- Customize pre-order display. Design the Add to Cart or Place Order buttons as you wish using CSS. You can even add a countdown timer to indicate product availability.
- Manage every part of the preorder process. Manage all pre-orders from an easy-to-use page using filters based on custom ‘pre-order’ status tags that you can create. Here you get to delay, complete, and cancel pre-orders or simply email selected customers.
WooCommerce Pre-Orders costs $129 annually and includes 1 year of updates, support, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
As the name suggests, WooCommerce Fast Cart provides lots of features that cut down the checkout and payment process in your store.
The plugin is developed by a popular WooCommerce extension provider—Barn2 Plugins. Its powerful features like the popup cart make it a great solution for improving the shopping experience.
- Allow customers to complete checkout on 1 page. Simply your checkout with 1 single order form that helps you minimize cart abandonment. Customers can also access their cart anywhere in your store with a popup or floating cart.
- Fully customize all checkout elements. Design the best button layouts and colors to help you boost your conversion chances.
- Upsell relevant products and combine with any payment gateway. While optimizing your checkout process, you can also boost your average order value by cross-selling products in the popup cart. You also get support for major payment services like PayPal, Stripe, Amazon, and Braintree.
The plugin’s pricing starts from $79/year or a lifetime deal of $449 for 1 site. If you’re interested in more Barn2 plugins, you can also get the $799 All Access Pass bundle for up to 20 sites.
Our last pick for this section is the ultimate WooCommerce checkout customizer – Checkout Field Editor.
This extension allows you to tweak your store’s checkout fields as much as you want. You get to modify, add, or remove sections from your checkout pages.
- Add additional checkout fields with 17 custom field types. Add, remove, or edit checkout fields using field types like text, checkbox, radio, multi-select, date picker, and time picker.
- Display fields using conditional logic. You can decide to show checkout fields and entire sections based on preset conditions like customer roles, buyer’s cart details, and even specific product details. The plugin also lets you repeat some fields or sections based on these conditions.
- Multilingual support and import/export capability. Combine the functionality of the plugin with WPML to automatically translate your field labels and placeholders to any language.
The free plugin’s features are pretty limited. If you want to get access to the major features, you’ll need to upgrade to the premium version starting from $49/year for a single site. You also get 1 year of support, updates, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Once you have your store running and fully optimized for profit, you’ll need to analyze your marketing results and maintain your site using the market best practices.
This is where the plugins in this final section come in.
MonsterInsights is easily one of the best solutions for eCommerce analytics out there. The plugin is tested and proven for helping WooCommerce store owners track every element of their site.
You can then use the insights from this Google Analytics enhanced tracking to improve your store’s performance.
- Track everything. Raw tracking power of Google Analytics to monitor your promotions, marketing, and coupon campaigns, refunds, product and category pages, or conversion rates. You can also use user ID tracking to not only identify new and returning users but also traffic from affiliate partners. MonsterInsights is compatible with most popular plugins like MemberPress and Easy Digital Downloads.
- Beginner-friendly analytics dashboard. Get an easy-to-understand bird’s eye view of your entire store directly from your WordPress dashboard. Use publisher reports to understand how your pages and LinkedIn perform.
- Optimize site performance too. Monitor overall site health as well by tracking Core Web Vitals. This is one of the most important aspects of WooCommerce optimization.
The free plugin’s features are a good place to start. But the full deal comes with the pro version which starts at $99.50/year for 1 site.
Can an eCommerce store extensions list be complete without a mention of customer service and support? And in the live chat and support industry, there’s hardly a bigger player than LiveChat.
The plugin makes it possible for you to boost customer satisfaction by engaging store visitors and resolving their major pain points in the shortest time possible.
- Modern eye-catchy interface. Grab your customers’ attention with great visuals that help them enjoy the troubleshooting process. You can also invite your customers to have a chat based on their store activity. LiveChat detects these actions automatically.
- Help your chat agents with useful shopping cart details. Your store agents can resolve issues faster when they know what’s in the buyer’s cart. The plugin provides information like product details, order value, and shipping address.
- Flexible chat widget settings. Toggle on and off different features and automatically apply changes to the chat window.
LiveChat does not have a free forever version, but you can try out the plugin for 14 days for free. The usage plans start from $16/month per chat agent when billed annually.
This plugin is essentially a landing page builder for any WordPress site, WooCommerce stores included. SeedProd became popular for its ‘Coming Soon page’ feature, but it’s a very versatile solution for building almost any type of landing page in WordPress.
From sales pages to maintenance pages and webinar pages, you can create high converting pages in minutes.
- Leverage drag and drop builder with 100+ templates. Build your landing pages in minutes using content blocks, smart pre-built sections, and multiple templates designed to match your needs.
- Manage your subscribers. No need for a third-party app to track campaign subscribers. Gain easy access to vital data about your pages’ new subscribers.
- Responsive designs. SeedProd landing pages are fast and fit on any device, no matter the screen size.
- Premium integrations and spam protection. Enjoy easy integration with email providers like MailChimp while protecting your pages from spam and other fraudulent submissions.
You can find the free version of the product in the WordPress repository. But you only get the page templates on the pro version that starts from $39.50/year.
In the world of eCommerce CRM, HubSpot remains one of the biggest players to check out.
This also proves true for WooCommerce stores as well. With the WooCommerce extension by MakeWebBetter, you get a full complex of marketing, sales, and customer service features.
- Full customer management with powerful segmentation. Use comprehensive customer profiles to manage contact records. Access cart details, orders, and store activity. Use these insights to build segmented lists. This makes bulk marketing easier and faster.
- Track cart abandonment and other metrics. Send follow-up emails when customers leave products in their cart. You can also monitor other analytics metrics to know which marketing efforts are performing well.
- Ad management and marketing automation. Create beautiful responsive marketing emails within HubSpot’s drag and drop builder using over 20 templates. All in one place, you can also build your Facebook, LikedIn, and Google campaigns and track your ROI efficiently.
The WooCommerce extension is free but HubSpot’s pricing for the CRM suite starts from $45/month when billed annually.
Quite similar to MonsterInsight, Metorik is another powerful analytics tool for your WooCommerce store.
Here, you also get effective features for reporting on your store’s most important engagement, sales, conversion, and customer management metrics. But these features come at a significantly higher price point than MonsterInsight.
- Extensive reporting. Enjoy a wide variety of reports on your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) about orders, products, or customers. You can even build custom dashboards to analyze reports from multiple WooCommerce stores. Filter events and build unique reports based on each occasion.
- Engage your customers better. Want to send highly targeted and customized automated emails to customers? You can create an audience, compose and send emails with elegant designs, and track everything in real-time.
- Segment all data and manage your expenditure. With a robust filtering system, you no longer need to mix up orders, customers, or products. You can instantly segment your customers the moment they meet a criterion and use the saved segments to set how much you want to spend on reaching them.
Metorik’s pricing starts at a whopping $16.70/month for just 100 orders when billed annually after a 30-day free trial. And you’ll still need to pay an extra $8.30 for the automated email features. The WooCommerce extension is available for free download.
The last product on this super-extensive list is the popular multi-purpose ‘everything WordPress’ plugin – Jetpack.
The plugin covers everything from security to performance, speed, and even marketing. Developed by Automattic, Jetpack is one of the essentials for almost any WordPress, WooCommerce stores inclusive.
- Site performance and speed optimization. Jetpack uses Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) and a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to speed up your image and page loading times. It also improves your site search and video hosting.
- Grow your store at no cost. You get lots of eCommerce growth features like advanced site stats, blog scheduling, automatic social share, and SEO management, all in one place.
- Integrate with third-party tools. Jetpack supports lots of powerful tools like Google Analytics, Contact Form 7, Instagram, Mailchimp, and Calendly.
Most of the plugin’s features are free of charge. But you can upgrade to a paid plan starting from $12.47/month (billed annually) to get comprehensive backup and other advanced security features.
And that’s it! This is our comprehensive list of the best extensions you can use in your WooCommerce store.
As an honorable mention, we’ll like to throw in a multi-purpose WooCommerce plugin you may want to test out, Booster for WooCommerce.
The plugin is an ideal option for those looking to escape the need to use multiple plugins at the same time. You get a lot of features that cover virtually all the categories we’ve discussed above. And it starts at $69/year for 1 site.
Getting the best from your WooCommerce store often requires adding extensions to it. Though WooCommerce is a powerful eCommerce solution for WordPress, your business most likely needs more features to be as profitable as possible.
In this article, we’ve shown you 44 of the best and most powerful plugins for any WooCommerce store.
These extensions have been carefully hand-picked from 7 categories that cover every eCommerce site’s major needs.
Let us know if you already use any of these products in the comment section below. Have they been helpful or do you disagree with our picks for this list?