In UAE’s version 1.18.0, we introduce the User Registration Form widget for Elementor having the Honeypot field to fight spammers.
Here we provide a Honeypot field, which is a better way than to fight pesky spammers rather than using reCAPTCHA.
Table of Contents
- What is Honeypot?
- Advantages of using Honeypot?
- How to Setup Honeypot in User Registration Form widget?
- Example: How to Create Smarter Honeypot with UAE?
What is Honeypot?
Honeypot field helps you fight spammers, by adding a hidden field only visible to spambots. This field helps admin identify whether the user is a spambot and not a user.
When a spambot fills in honeypot field, the form is rejected as spam. Thereby, the spambot will get stuck and won’t be able to submit the form.
Therefore, Honeypot is a great alternative as it will not bother users to go through maths and Image problems to register on your website. And the valid users will be able to register with ease and convenience.
Advantages of using Honeypot?
- Prevents spambots from attacking
- Help understand future attack prevention
- Helps focus on the malicious users making the investigation easier
- One-click setup
How to Setup Honeypot in User Registration Form widget?
To set up the Honeypot field in the User Registration Form widget you need to create a page and Edit with Elementor.
After that, you will just need to drag and drop the widget in the Elementor editor.
Next, in the Content tab > Form Fields add a Form Field and select the Type as Honeypot.
That’s all, now update the page and your User Registration Form is now protected from the Spammers.
Example: How to Create Smarter Honeypot with UAE?
Using the User Registration Form, you can create smarter registration form having multiple Honeypot Form Fields.
This ensures, that even the smartest spambot will not be able to get access to your website.
- All you need to do is place the honeypot fields in the random order in your form
- Add multiple Honeypot fields so that it has higher chances of stopping spambots
You are now ready to create a spam-free registration form using the User Registration Form widget and Anti-Spam Protection features provided. We also provide Google reCAPTCHA support to our widget.