When you select posts to display in the timeline, by default date field shows post’s Published Date. You can change this date filed to any field value that has Meta Key. You just need to get the meta key for your custom field and enter it to the timeline settings.
This can be useful in the following case:
– If your timeline is displaying upcoming events and you want to display future date for a related post.
And many more like this…
The setting can be found under Content (tab) > Posts > Date. Select Custom from the drop-down. Enter your field meta key with Custom Meta Key option.
Note: This option is available only when you select Content Source as Posts in the timeline.
Below is the example that shows how to display Custom Field value for posts instead of date.
1. Edit the post and enable Custom Field option from Screen options. (?)
2. Add Event Date as new custom field and set the value for it. (?)
3. Get the meta key for the newly created custom field. (?)
4. Enter the key in the Custom Meta Key option.
5. It will display value for custom filed beside the post icon in the timeline.